- Tuition is due at the first lesson of each month and considered delinquent after the 10th of the month. Tuition can be paid in the form of cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. A $15.00 late fee will be added to tuition after the 10th. STATEMENTS WILL ONLY BE SENT OUT FOR PAST DUE ACCOUNTS.
- Tuition is based on the season regardless of how many weeks are in a given month. It is important to understand that tuition is not based on a four-class-per month rate, as some months may fluctuate; instead, tuition is based on the annual cost divided into 8 payments, September – April. Tuition will be prorated if dancer starts after September.
- We offer a discount on tuition for paying bi-yearly (September & January) and in full in September. A family discount of 10% is available for additional siblings enrolled.
- Students will NOT be allowed to attend class if their account is past due. There will be a $25.00 fee for all returned checks. All accounts must be brought current BEFORE students may perform in Nutcracker or Spring Concert.
- Tuition includes each student’s production fee for “Nutcracker” and Spring Concert. Nutcracker costumes are provided to students on a rental basis in the monthly Production Fee. Spring Concert costumes are also included in the Production Fee for students to keep, in levels 1 – Senior Company. Spring Concert costumes for students in Apprentice, and Ensemble Companies are provided on a rental basis. Students enrolling after October 1st will be charged accrued production fees.
- Fifteen (15) days written notice is required should your child elect to withdraw from classes. Students are considered enrolled with tuition due until such notice is received.
Dress Code and Attendance
- Terpsichore does not observe Moore County TEACHER WORKDAYS, classes are held as usual on these days. Terpsichore does, however, observe MOORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
- Attendance is taken at each class. Good attendance is imperative as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. Parents should make every effort to have students be on time and attend all classes.
- Students should NOT arrive more than 15 MINUTES prior to their class time.
- Missed classes due to illness, etc. must be made up within the same month or the class is forfeited. All classes must be paid for, even if they are missed.
- Parents should be prompt when picking up your child. For safety reasons, students will not be allowed to wait outside; parents must come to the classroom to pick up their child. If you are late picking up your child they will be sent to the office for pick-up to insure our next class can begin on time.
- Students more than 10 minutes late to class may be asked to observe rather than take the class. This is not a disciplinary measure, but is done with the student’s best interest in mind. A student who misses the first few exercises at the barre runs the risk of injury by not being properly warmed up.
- Students should adhere to the prescribed dress code, as it will be strictly enforced. Dress up days are scheduled twice each year so students can wear “ballerina” costumes, tutus, and other colorful dancewear. HAIR MUST BE SECURED IN A NEAT AND PROPER BUN, ABSOLUTELY NO PANTIES (UNDERGARMENTS) OR JEWELRY WILL BE ALLOWED!
- Please make sure younger children use the bathroom before class. Stopping class for students to use the bathroom takes important teaching time away from the entire class.
- Dress Code: Please remember that all students MUST adhere to our dress code as follow:
- Black leotard
- Ballet Pink tights (Danskin or Bloch)
- Pink Leather ballet shoes (Bloch or Capezio)
- Black tap shoes – required for Level 2 (4 years old) and up.
- Black Jazz Shoes – required for Level 6 and up
Ballet skirts are optional and allowed.
HAIR MUST BE SECURED IN A NEAT AND PROPER BUN, ABSOLUTELY NO PANTIES (UNDERGARMENTS) OR JEWELRY SHOULD BE WORN!
Inclement Weather Policy
- In the case of inclement weather, we operate on the Moore County Public School policy. If Moore County Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the studio will also be closed unless we inform otherwise. Due to scheduling constraints, we are unable to reschedule entire classes. However, students may attend an appropriate class at their convenience in order to make up for their missed class. We do not refund or pro-rate tuition due to inclement weather closings. Notification of closing will be sent out via email, posted on our website, Facebook page and on the studios voicemail.